A well priced home in good condition will attract offers. How does a buyer structure or position themselves so that they are the offer chosen? Here are a few tips to make sure you get the home you have fallen in love with.
1. Make sure you offer is reasonable. If you know there are several offers on a home, you must be full price or close to it. Make sure you provide a pre-qualification letter with your offer.
2. Increase your earnest money. This is a great way to show your commitment. You will get your earnest money back if you terminate due to inspection or if you do not qualify for your loan and you have a financial contingency. If the purchase is completed your earnest money will be credit to you at closing.
3. Price is not always the number one reason the seller selects an offer. Keep the terms of your offer simple. When a seller is selecting an offer to accept or counter they want to know exactly what the buyer is asking them to do. They do not want to get bogged down with special stipulations and request for the seller to do things.
4. Contingencies scare sellers. If you can avoid a contingency in a multiple offer then leave it out of your offer.
5. A good agent will try to find out the sellers needs and motivation. Once you know why they are selling, and when they need to move, you can structure your offer to meet these needs. Make sure you give them the time they need on the closing date.
6. Foreclosures do not have sellers who are attached. Emotions do not normally play a role in their negotiations but sharing details about the buyer of the property can influence their thinking.
7. If the seller of the home you fall in love with is an individual or a couple write them a letter. Let them know you love the house and why. Tell what emotions you felt when you walked in and why it is perfect for you or your family. In some cases, sellers will pick a family that will love their home over a higher offer.
Why Joel Hartman?
Joel Hartman has lived in the Lakes Area all of his life and feels his knowledge of the area is a HUGE asset for Buyers and Sellers. Joel is married and has two children. Joel Hartman is the Trail Maintenance Director for the Cuyuna Lakes Mountain Bike Trail System. Joel is a avid mountain biker and feels his connection with the mountain biking industry benefits his Sellers in finding Buyers for the Lakes Area. And on the flip side, Joel Hartman's connection with mountain biking also assists the many bikers looking for vacation properties near the trail. Joel Hartman has created the property title," Ride In/ Ride Out Property" for properties within a bike ride from the Cuyuna Lakes Mountain Bike Trail System.
Exit Lakes Realty Premier
Visit Joel Hartman At Our Crosby Office!
17 West Main Street Crosby MN
Join Joel On Facebook