The appearance of your home, a buyer’s first impressions, and other considerations can also affect the sale of your home. Be sure to explore tips for increasing your home’s value. Have you considered that home prices in your neighborhood and the value of your property are also factors used for pricing your home?
When you work with The Moore Real Estate team, you can count on a specialist who can answer your questions, apply his/her in-depth knowledge of current market conditions, and access extensive resources that can expedite the sale of your home.
When you are preparing your house for sale, remember the importance of first impressions. The market isn't the only factor that influences whether you get your asking price. Appearance and overall condition play a major role.
Here are some easy things you can do to make your home more appealing to buyers.
It is estimated that more than half of all houses are sold before the buyers even get out of their cars. So stand across the street from your house and review its curb appeal.
- Sweep front walkway.
- Remove newspapers, bikes and toys.
- Park extra cars away from the property.
- Trim back the shrubs.
- Apply fresh, clean paint throughout.
- Clean windows and window coverings throughout.
- Keep plumbing and all appliances in working order.
- Maintain all sealants (window, tub, shower, sink, etc.) in good condition.
- Make sure roof and gutters are in good condition; no repairs needed.
- Mow the lawn more frequently and plant flowers. Keep pet areas clean.
- Kitchen and bathroom should shine.
- Quick once-over with the vacuum; carpets should be clean.
- Place fresh flowers in the main rooms.
- Put dishes away, unless setting a formal display for decoration.
- Make beds and put all clothes away.
- Open drapes and turn on lights for a brighter feel.
- Straighten closets.
- Put toys away.
- Turn off television.
- Play soft music on the radio/stereo.
- Keep pets out of the way and pet areas clean and odor-free.
- Secure jewelry, cash, prescription medication and other valuables.
- Enhance the spaciousness of each room.
- Pack away collectables to allow buyer to envision own furnishings in home.
Why Joel Hartman?
Joel Hartman has lived in the Lakes Area all of his life and feels his knowledge of the area is a HUGE asset for Buyers and Sellers. Joel is married and has two children. Joel Hartman is the Trail Maintenance Director for the Cuyuna Lakes Mountain Bike Trail System. Joel is a avid mountain biker and feels his connection with the mountain biking industry benefits his Sellers in finding Buyers for the Lakes Area. And on the flip side, Joel Hartman's connection with mountain biking also assists the many bikers looking for vacation properties near the trail. Joel Hartman has created the property title," Ride In/ Ride Out Property" for properties within a bike ride from the Cuyuna Lakes Mountain Bike Trail System.
Exit Lakes Realty Premier
Visit Joel Hartman At Our Crosby Office!
17 West Main Street Crosby MN
Join Joel On Facebook